Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's day

So it's mother's day.

I've spent much of the day wishing so many wonderful moms a peaceful mothers day. I can't bring my self to call any "holiday" happy, but I can wish for peace, and love, and joy. I hope every mom has felt those things today.




This video touched me so much last year, and still does. For any mother who needs it today, please watch.

I found the follow up, and it's just as touching and beautiful. I really needed it after I struggled through this day.


For my babies T, K, Bram, A, and babygirl buttercup <3 I'm so grateful I get to be your mother, thank you for being my babies.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous14 May, 2014

    Oh Sami. I think about you so much. I missed you on FB. I forgot about your blog. I wasn't able to watch the videos thanks to satellite internet that isn't the best. But I can imagine. I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I was thinking buttercup was a girl and there you have it right there. Precious. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26 May, 2014

    Just read ur story. .. my heartfelt condolences to u and ur family. I was online searching for how to deal with grief while pregnant and cannot imagine being able to continue as you have. I salute u and wish u a happy belated mothers day. Prayers for u all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous26 May, 2014

    I'm so very sorry for your loss.

    On November 28, 2012, my son's lifelong best friend, Ray, was murdered. My son was devastated. Having had the honor of having Ray as an "extra" son for 35 years, losing him has felt like losing my own.

    45 days after Ray's death, our son and only child, Seth, died on January 12, 2013 due to a stroke he suffered four days earlier. We made the unimaginable decision to have him removed from life support. Seth and Ray were both 41 years old. I know with every fiber of my being that Seth died because Ray died.

    Since then I search the subject of losing a child online from time to time. I'm not sure what exactly it is I've been looking for. I do know that nothing I've read has described what it's like to lose a child nearly as well or as accurately as what you've written in your blog. I am grateful that you have the talent, desire and strength to do so and I hope you will continue to write. Thank you.

    Best wishes to you and your family,

    Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and loving Bram!