Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Don't let fear rule your life

Bram was safe, and he's dead.....

I share not because I want you to be scared, not because I want you to be helicopter parents, not because I think you should wrap your kid in bubble wrap. I share to remind you to enjoy.

Enjoy your child's life. Enjoy your life.

Have fun, get dirty, dig for worms and rolly-pollies, run wild with them. Love them in a way you won't regret if they are gone tomorrow.

Take more pictures, but don't let the camera rule your life. And find a way to be in the pictures too. Even if you have circles under your eyes, or you have fat rolls, or the house is a disaster, or your clothes are proof of your status as a walking napkin.

Keep them safe, but don't hold them back. Don't hold yourself back from joy.

Make memories in the mundane, enjoy the little things.

Savor your moments, allow yourself to linger in the right now. Tomorrow is not a guarantee, today isn't either. I've learned in grief to simply live in this moment because that's all I've got. So simply enjoy this moment, it may be all you get.

Don't let fear rule your life, a life ruled by fear is a life wasted. Love this life, as cruel as it is, love it fearlessly.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the reminder. i will live a little fuller today, with less complaining and more enjoying. less on my phone and more WITH my child. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and loving Bram!